Saturday, December 11, 2004

Bad guy !! Am I ?

Another eventfull week for me..

I was babysitting a team of 4 students to participate in this Case Study Challenge organised by one of the universities in KL. Because of the vain event, I hardly have time for them to feedback what they have learnt and analysed for the case study given. So on that submission day itself, we literally sat togather early in the morning, to put forward their ideas on paper. We really only were able to complete the writen case analysis and solutions to the problems indentified exactly on the dot of 3 o'clock, the exact time for submission - phew.. thank God for fax machine (They don't accept email attachment- lah... you think I am so outdated!!!)

Another team headed by my collegue was more effective than us.. I have to be blamed, due to my busy schedule at work. :-( As the result, I have not much confidence for my team.

A week later, we received the result and guess what, my team has entered to final!!! So another hard work, again I have no time for coaching and mentoring, but gave my precious minimum feedback to their work. Friday was the battle day between my members and I, that I literally locked my team members in the room, forced them to finish their taskd or they have to spend a night in the room, because the next day is the final competition for the price.

Guess what !!!!! We won !!!! I am so proud of my members and their effort. I know I have been serious and harsh to them at time in the process. I know whatever projects that come to my hand, the team has to suffer under my leadership style. I am not claiming I am a good leader, but at least I know I want to make sure everything is in order.. with my stern face, hehehe...

Later they related to me they APPRECIATE my POSITIVE criticism, even my collegue (sorrylah, I know sometimes I am very straight-forward). Strange, why everyone see that I am the disciplinarian, is that such leadership skill????

And what more, my boss wanted me to head more projects in future... oh please I am a engineer-breed. Agree? Mrand Mrs Alien :-)

3 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Blogger skng74 said...

congratulations!
ya la...u memang disciplinary style one la...i see the way u discipline ur son, i thank God i'm not ur son man...hahahaha...
jokes aside, straight-forward is a good trait but remember, any good trait can be a weakness as well.

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger skng74 said...

congratulations!
ya la...u memang disciplinary style one la...i see the way u discipline ur son, i thank God i'm not ur son man...hahahaha...
jokes aside, straight-forward is a good trait but remember, any good trait can be a weakness as well.

 
At 3:14 am, Blogger Skyhover said...

Ya, DN I agree with you...

DB, I am not saying you are bad ya.. there is a missing "not" in the line... I am telling my boss, pls give other people a chance to "show off " themselves too. Basically, I am just lazy....

Dear, you know who is the tiger at home, OK !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home