Thursday, November 25, 2004

My Boss and I

My immediate boss is a capable, experienced, thoughtful and strong leadership lady. Her right hand man has always shared the same charisma as hers. The previous one has a record to “shoot” my former big boss down, he daringly spoke a piece of his mind about the lacking of leadership in my former big boss openly in front of all the top people.

I too had the same experience with my current new big boss. Apparently she has commented my work (in fact she did not know I handled the task) which annoyed me and the information she obtained was partial. I was annoyed at that point and had “strongly” showed her that I was not pleased with the comment, and wrote a strong letter to express my view.

My immediate boss knew this and she gave me full support. This is what I like about her that she is a rationale person and won't be a “tikus” in front of a big cat. Of course, there is an open communication between us and I always respect her being able to be open and accepting the way I am.

I am thankful that I have such good immediate boss, though I told her that I won’t serve in this capacity for long, even though many rumours around saying that she is going to pass me the key….

I thank God for her and I learnt some leadership skills from her…

3 Comments:

At 9:55 pm, Blogger skng74 said...

good bosses are a gift. your boss will either make you or break you. fortunately for me, i've had a good ex-boss and also a good current boss for the 2 jobs i've held in m'sia.

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

good bosses are a gift .. was the same thought that came to my mind. Daniel beat me to it ... for some good bosses are a miracle!

 
At 1:52 am, Blogger Skyhover said...

Our God is a good "boss" and partner, isn't he :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home