Saturday, April 07, 2007

Welcome Home


I always make sure I have Sunday in London, to break away from the normal norm church experience at home.

This trip I attended 2 services, one that was very word centric and good fellowship which I need very much as a lone traveller. The other one at Hillsong London, which was very 'heavy' worship and the word time was equally inspiring :-)

One that was capturing me was the welcome screen at the service : Welcome Home

Home is such a word that triggers my heart especially when you were away from home. I see around and started to understand what it means.

The minute I stepped into the theatre (their worship location), the ushers would come to you, offer you a cup of tea or coffee, and have a friendly chat with you. I guess they genuinely like to connect with you though they don't know you. When you get yourself seated, people next to you, who may be foreigners as well, would greet you and chat with you, as if you are part of them. This time I had 2 Korean sat next to me, a bunch of kids with their pastor visiting the church sitting a level up. I started to understand "Home' in a broader sense. We are united in Christ alone and as his followers, we are equal and called as brothers and sisters in Christ.

People were participating in worship and word time. Eagerly taking notes and pray with you when prompted. You know God's presence is there, every time I visited.

I am very much a 'reasoning' , rather than a 'feel' person - I started to think who has part in making such home feeling?? God, His people, worship, word?? I guess all has a part to play. Dread to feel a bit alien at home church, perhaps this is the spirit that I long for ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home