Monday, August 22, 2005

Set yourself free




Forgive your brother 77 times !!!! Crazy, it is even harder for first few times... Imagine the anger and emotion provoked every time you see the person.

Mr. Tan given me a good message last Sunday. In fact, I always enjoy his message where it was so down to earth. I chatted with him, his message was directed to some of our friends apparently, but they were not around, too bad..

Well, I told him I agreed with him that it was the one that you hold dear and love most that makes it harder to forgive.

Back home, still reflecting on his message and I think the Lord is talking to me : Forgive is not for others, it is for myself to move on. It is not about to set the person you can't forgive from the prison, but set yourself free from your own prison. Set yourself away from the anger, hurt and disappointment. Not easy to forget, but acknowledge it and move on...

Yes, the Lord has spoken to me.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

strange but true: it hurts my poor feet hell everytime it kicks at those imaginary prison doors down the dungeon..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home