Monday, October 23, 2006

Dream Church????



When I reach there - Dominion Theatre, the entrance was packed with people, lining up to get in. I was 15 minutes late and there I have to be waited to be called for the entry to the service. They do not want people to stand along the side way due to fire security problem. I felt a bit rejection here, how can a church rejects people coming in ???

Then I see around, people were patiently waiting for their turns though the service had already started. The members of the church with their "uniforms" - black and stylish coat going around chatting with people, serving coffee and tea and ensuring us it won't be too long to be seated.


Ya... I had to wait for an hour - REALLY - to have a chance to go in.. Yes the service appear very grand. A big stage in front with about thousand seats down the stage. Cinema size (not the mini one) screen projecting the speaker and concert quality sound.

The speaker is speaking about Jesus who took our sin and our place so that this grace is given to us to be righteous in God's sight. Browsing around the people, wow, mostly young people, they brought their bibles and note pad to take notes. Yes!! Most of them took notes during the sermon, and yes most of them bring their bible which I am really ashamed of myself or ourselves sometime.

I missed the worship slot, BUT aleast they sang 3 songs at the end - if you are the hillsong fans, you may identify those faces on the album above here in live.


I started to doubt that people were saying that the church in Europe is dying, but not this one....

Of Course, I told myself after the church service, I am too quick to make any comments in just a visit BUT the Lord is working here and YES next time I wish to visit the origin Hillsong Church in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home