Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yes Sir, Mr Apple




Another matter I need to evaluate and reflect during this "consultation" week I had..

As I was preparing all the documents and papers, and the programme involves other divisions and other staff that are not under mine, so I guess I have been using a lot of "commanding" words in the process such like : Get this filled up by tomorrow, photostat this, please,; go and dig out the file from X and X...etc

Though the "please" word is there but the tone does not reflect that...

So this colleague of mine came in to see me on certain matter by addressing me "Mr. Apple.. can I ask you ...." very promptly I asked him why he called me Mr Apple, becuase I used to call him just name without title to show that we are same position and most important a fellow friend and colleague ..

He smiled and also can't explain why.

Later, as I evaluate, I think I carried myself to much as a "leader/commander" when come to serious work and meeting certain standard I expect. so I guess, I need to tone down a bit or else I am the least popular person in the school. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home